Wednesday, April 01, 2009

New word for today

"Is this a riot or are you just pleased to see me?
Why aren't we holding hands and talking sweet?
I love you really, though I know no ne believes me
There's chaos every time we meet"


I got a rough idea on the meaning of this word but after countless listening to Pet Shop Boys's new album and this song which I hope will be their next single, I went and dig out the meaning behind this song ... and I thought it's pretty cool ... gonna be my new favourite word : )

Pandemonium (Pan de mo ni um)

1. wild uproar or unrestrained disorder; tumult or chaos.
2. a place or scene of riotous uproar or utter chaos.
3. (often initial capital letter) the abode of all the demons.

from www.dictionary.com

"Oh, now look what, you've gone and done
You're creating Pandemonium
That song you sing means everything
To me, I'm living in ecstasy
My world's gone mad, what did you do?
Telling perfect strangers that I love you
The stars and the sun dance to your drum
And now it's Pandemonium "

No comments: