Sunday, May 13, 2007

Change of luck

Was at my Aunt place to celebrate Mother's Day .... and the usual event took place ... Mahjong ... dont know why, I been itching to play ... partly was because someone told me early this year that when one is lucky in love, won't be lucky gambling .... my gambling luck was extremely good during the last game (recap, click on the last game)

Played with my Grandma, my Brother in Law and my 3rd Aunt ... was my first time playing with my 3rd Aunt and she was also a beginner like me so we were so blur with the rules that we made plenty of funny mistakes

One of the most memorable mistake happened during the flower collecting routine ... when a player collect 2 different colour of flowers that contain their number, he or she could collect money from the rest ... just like if they get a chicken and centipede combo or cat and rat combo

I was the first one to make that mistake ... I got 2 flowery Tile that belong to me and happily announced to everyone that I got 2 Tai ... which mean i could win double if i complete my mahong later on ... (Click here for more info on Tai) .... the players continue for a while and i suddenly realized i might, could have collect some money by getting 2 flowers cards ...

Upon quires with my Grandma, the Grandmaster of Mahjong .... it turned out that I forgotten to ask ... even when i was so "proud" to inform all about my flowery tiles ... and once the next player threw a tile out, you can't collect the winnings anymore .... I took it as a lesson learn since I wasn't sure in the first place ...

After a few games .... My 3rd Aunt suddenly announced that she also got 2 flowery tiles that belong to her number ... after her excitement died down ... she did not mention anything about collecting money ... my eyes open wide wide and just when I was wondering if I should tell her that she could collect money from us, the player after my 3Rd Aunt, my Grandma quickly throw her tile out

then ... I shared this eye contact with my Grandma that i will remember for a long time ... we were trying very hard not to laugh .... I think my bro in law also picked up the vibrations that was transmitting in the air then ...

so there .. 3 of us trying very hard not to laugh .. and by the time, it came to my turn, my 3rd Aunt asked what going on between the three of us .... and I blurted out to her about her mistake .... the most funny thing wasn't my 3rd Aunt mistake but how sneaky my grandma was in quickly move on with the game so she couldn't ask for any money collection ...

But that not the most sneaky thing my Grandma did during the 2 rounds of Mahjong ... as before, my streak of luck was extremely good .... (Must be OUT OF LOVE then) ... all the tiles were good and i gotten so many flowery and animal tiles that my 3rd Aunt called me "Fa Hua Tien" aka (Having Flowery Fever -in canto-)

I was winning big games and soon .. my YaYa-ness emerge ... (self note: bad habit, must change) and Grandma was very quiet ...

then after the 1st round of mahjong ... she asked to change seats and so lucky .... I changed seat with her ... My 3rd Aunt also left the table , changing it to my Dad ... hmmm all the fun communication between players and fooling around at the mahjong table came to a halt ...

my good luck changed 180 degree too !!! the tiles that came my way were pretty bad ... hard to match or join ... and just when I finally got to the waiting to game bit ... either my Father or Grandma would game !

Haiz ... the 2nd round of mahjong felt like getting a beating from my Grandma n Dad ... if the first round was how not to be Ya Ya when winning ... the second round was a lesson on how to Lun during the losing session ...

hmmm well ... maybe Someone decided to love me after the first round : )

No comments: