Wednesday, February 28, 2007

My Pick for 07 Oscar

hmmm no one want to watch oscar with me .. sob sob ... haiz .. here my choice ...

Best Picture
LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE
The Last Film I caught before the OSCAR ! ... and it's the best film among it's 07 Oscar peers , i know its a long shot but hey ... I hope

Actor in a Leading Role
Forest Whitaker, THE LAST KING OF SCOTLAND
Everyone's Pick ... it's hard but if its who I really feel should win .. it will be

Will Smith, THE PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS

Actress in a Leading Role
Helen Mirren, THE QUEEN

It's pretty much a confirm award ...

Best Director
Martin Scorsese, THE DEPARTED
As again, I am going with the mass but hey , deep down, I really want to see Clint do it again to Marty
Clint Eastwood, LETTERS FROM IWO JIMA

Actor in a Supporting Role
Eddie Murphy, DREAMGIRLS
Seems like Eddie is a lock in but I love to see Alan do a upset here !
Alan Arkin, LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE

Actress in a Supporting Role
Jennifer Hudson, DREAMGIRLS
as again ... buzz is too strong with her and since I have yet to catch Dreamgirls, my heart is with
Rinko Kinkuchi, BABEL

Best Original Screenplay
LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE

Best Adapted Screenplay
THE DEPARTED

Best Original Score
BABEL
Strangely ... the Brokeback Mountain didn't appeal to me but this time round, the Original Score stood out to me

Best Animated Film
CARS

Best Foreign Film
PAN'S LABYRINTH
yeah ... just going with the rest but the film that touch me a bit more would be
WATER

Best Art Direction
THE PRESTIGE

Best Cinematography
THE PRESTIGE

Best Costume Design
DREAMGIRLS

Best Documentary Feature
AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH
ha .. I have yet to catch this but since this is the most famous film among the lot ...

Best Documentary (Short Subject)
THE BLOOD OF YINGZHOU DISTRICT

Best Film Editing
BABEL

Best Makeup
PAN'S LABYRINTH
heheh I love Click ... so I am hopping it will win
CLICK

Best Short Film (Animated)
NO TIME FOR NUTS

Best Short Film (Live-Action)
WEST BANK STORY

Best Sound Editing
FLAGS OF OUR FATHERS
if not this .. then
LETTERS FROM IWON JIMA

Best Sound Mixing
APOCALYPTO
My Head says Apco , my heart says Flags
FLAGS OF OUR FATHERS

Best Visual Effects
SUPERMAN RETURNS

Best Original Song
“Listen” – DREAMGIRLS, Beyonce Knowles

No comments: