Thursday, January 29, 2009

the Dangling Carrot

was supposed to run this morning but procrastinated until it was too late to do it ... and was already booked for the evening so the evening option was out ...

then I came across this article @ Yahoo! on how to stay motivated for exercise and one of the suggestion is that for every time you actually workout, put a little amount of money aside to buy something that you want (Not Need).

Recalling what Ben Tan (that famous Singapore Sailor) shared with me during the recent Reunion Dinner about how his wife and him learnt to ski (cost abt $200 +) in Singapore Snow City and took an overseas skiing package with the coach , enabling them to enjoy overseas skiing better (instead of wasting money to learn overseas), I thought it was a good idea to incorporate both ideas together.

Yup, I am going to put A dollar into a Piggy bank for every jogging or swimming session that I could get out of bed for. Not sure if it's going to be more motivating than training for a 10K jog or treating myself to certain sports such as rock climbing after reaching a certain level of weight loss but theoretically, I am psych to try it out... it Might take a long time to reach that eventual Snow Skiing trip but should be satisfying to see the dollars pile up in the bank

Will see the result tomorrow

No comments: