Friday, October 17, 2008

Hold on to Your ...

I recently rediscover that my body can't break down alcohol as quickly as others. It was something that I learned back in Uni and I had totally forgotten it till last weekend when I attended this "little stand around and try to get a alcoholic drink" party. Thirsty and I thought we should rush to get good seats, I gulped down a glass of champagne.

A tiny glass of champagne

A bad mistake as I discover later (while standing outside a still closed cinema) that I felt dizzy and the senses magnified. Awful feeling that I have to wait at least half hour to clear ... I sat in the cinema dazed and seasick ... A nice reminder that I shouldn't drink so fast

hmmm so what does that have to do with this post ? ... actually there isn't any ... i just want to show you that I am a master of bad linkage : ) hahaha and expose my weakness to my dear readers

anyway, back in Uni, I saw this beer tv advertisement that had footage of guys doing all sort of outdoor activities and this voice started blooming over the speakers singing

"HOld me Hold me ... never let me go
Never let me go until you've told me, told me
What I want to know and then just hold me, hold me
Make me tell you I'm in love with you "


Of cos the guys are holding onto their beer bottles : ) It's not a V-Day Ad

I loved that song and wanted to find if it was taken from an actual song. But back then when I wasn't that Internet search savvy and my search produced a lot of rubbish. I gave up and actually thought that it was a song created purely for that beer ad ...

but of cos that was this nagging thought at the back of my mind and every now & then, I would think of that song used in the ad ...

fast forward to now ... a sudden whim and more experience with internet search later, I try searching the first line of the chorus and wah la ... I found the song : )

Mel Carter - Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me

There's another version of this song in better quality but I think this video sort of capture the mood of that era

a nice song to use for wedding ... don't you think ?

No comments: