Thursday, February 01, 2007

Dangers of Turn Left on Red!

I langga a cyclist today n it's freaking scary

Was driving off my "younger brother" place and upon reaching the junction beside his flat, when I was about to make my turn at the junction where u can turn left on red, I heard a "tub" song at the front right side ...

that split second I jam brakes and was shock to see a cyclist (out of nowhere)leaning on my car ...

the first thing that came into my mind was "die ah ... I hit a cyclist"

then the next thing that happened was just surreal ... The cyclist helped himself off my car and cycle away .. Didn't "swear" at me or "apologize" at all ... it's like a very normal day to day occurrences to him ...

immediately I turn to check the traffic lights and was sure that it was red for pedestrian crossing so actually I had the right of way. I believe he thought that I was going to stop cos it was red lights for me too but he missed out the "turn left on red" sign

but still .. I was quite stunned after the whole incident ... I was actually looking at his direction for on coming vehicles but I didn't notice him at all ... it was bloody dangerous ... and I didn't check whether was it green light for pedestrian crossing too .... so kinda heng that the lights were in my favor and heng he didn't get knock down or fly onto the path of the oncoming traffic ...

so readers .. If u drive or a pedestrian .. Take note of traffic at the Turn left on Red junction ... Don't take things for granted

No comments: